Saturday, August 16, 2008

Barcelona!

Though we never thought the flights we would end, my mom and I arrived in Barcelona yesterday morning. We hopped on the Celebrity shuttle bus and were presented with a 2 hour tour of the city. While a stroll around the town would have been welcomed, being barely able to keep my eyes open, it wasn't really an option. The wheels rolled us through parks, up streets and past Gaudi ( a thrill to see in person). Soon we arrived at the boat, checked in and hit our beds for a nice little nap.
Sporting a stain on my pants from a wayward piece of red cabbage and our luggage still making it's way to our stateroom, we skipped lunch and worked on acclimating to our swaying surroundings.

Dinner was pleasant but had room for improvement. The bottle of wine we shared made us feel a little better though so we freshened up and headed to Disco night.
We didn't take our feet to the dance floor as drinking and then dancing on a rocking boat could end badly for a clutz like me. However, the fellow guests provided much entertainment. A couple cocktails later, we retired to our rooms and ended the evening with a much-needed Tylenol PM and a great sleep session...

Today finds us at sea with the boat on target for arrival at Villefrance tomorrow. We are looking forward to our first formal dinner this evening which will be followed by taking in our first onboard show...BROADWAY NIGHT! I'd better go practice my jazz hands...

Hey Christine,
I had to fly all the way to Barcelona to see one of these... I begged the bus driver to stop but I think something got lost in the translation.

No comments: