Friday, October 10, 2008

Cozyin' up


As I rolled over to the sound of Michele Norris reading me the news this morning I noticed I was burrowed a little deeper into the comforter. As I hopped out of the shower, I realized my robe wasn't awaiting me with its usual hidden heat. As I cracked open the door to leave for work, I instantly recognized those white dots floating around the air and drifting into my hair.

Fall is short lived in the Sierras and this weekend it will be fighting against the impending winter. With temps dropping below 10 F and accumulations of 2"-4" expected in South Lake, it's officially time to pack away the shorts and dig out the layers. While the leaves are still clinging and the flowers are still blooming, Jack Frost is ready to make his intentions known.
I'm cozyin' in this weekend and starting it all off with a girls' night indoors tonight. I'm so looking forward to a hearty bottle of red, a bubbling pot o' loveliness on the stove, a pile of new foodie magazines & cookbooks and hanging with my favorite girl, C. Whatever weather rolls my way, I'll be ready for it!

Hope you have a lovely weekend full of seasonal fun!

No comments: