Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Frye-day!

The work week is ending and I am embarking on another adventure-filled weekend with my co-horts. I want to be kicking it around town in my favorite jeans, a well-worn shirt and some sturdy, broken in boots. Unfortunately, I am still on the hunt for the last item.

A good pair of boots, like the perfect towelor pillow or pastry, are not easy to come by. Some feel just right to the touch, or appear to be all you've ever dreamed or wanted. Then after a bit you realize you were duped. I have experienced this elation-to-disappointment cycle far too many times in the arena of leather boots. I want a pair that will go with everything, that can be dressed up or dressed down or even worn alone. A pair that will grow old with me and weather the weather and all the fads and show it's age beautifully like old Hollywood grace. And this is why I have fallen in love with Frye boots.

Frye has been manufacturing leather boots and shoes since 1862 making them the oldest continuously operated shoe company in the United States. Their boots were worn during the Civil and Spanish-American Wars and homesteadiers journeying across the Plains in them. With almost 150 years of dressing the feet of military elite and adventurous New Englanders, they should definitely be able to withstand covering the feet of one lil' Meesh for years to come.

Adrienne Button



Sam Button


Paige Buckles


Sam Double Shaft & Ava Button



Sam Boot & Jane Stitch

And these are the ones I am stalking via the web and the rack at Macy's. Every girl needs a pair of riding boots in their wardrobe and these will be mine!

Paige Tall Riding

Check out their boots, bags and belts: Frye Company

2 comments:

Ashley Bilodeau said...

wow.. gorgeous..
are they expensive?

Meesh said...

Hiya Ashley! Yes, the boots could be considered a little expensive (average $350) but, in my eyes, any shoe that will go the distance is worth the investment. I broke down and snagged up the Paige riding boot from Zappos. So eager for their arrival...

Thanks for the comment and am excited to check out Moose Project.

Cheers!