Friday, April 30, 2010

Breaking Away

It's the last day of April and I'm still lugging around my ever-faithful puffy, pulling on my winter boots and brushing snow off my car....It's spring everywhere else and I'm still running to warm myself by the fireplace and using Elliot to toast my toes...and it's going to continue for a least another week. 

So this weekend I am getting off this hill, away from this snow and running into the arms of the Napa Valley...  


Thanks to the generosity of Jeff and Carolyn Smith, we'll be settling into their guest house at Hourglass Wine Company. Nestled in St. Helena, Hourglass is  a boutique winery that solely produces Cabernet. And what a Cabernet it is as their wine has quite a cult following.

Though I'm sure it will be hard to leave the Smith's property, we will force ourselves to sip and nibble our way down the 2 lane roads of Napa. On the agenda is a stop at Oxbow Public Market to visit the Fatted Calf and to sample some goodies at Hog Island Oyster Company. Jess has a few vineyards in mind to visit (but I think it's a secret). She's also teased about a fried chicken lunch and dinner at Michael Chiarello's Bottega.

I'm not quite sure what else the weekend will bring but I'm sure we'll be "ahh"ing, laughing and lapping up the warmth the whole time. It's just the break away we all need before another week of wind and wet. 

Wishing you a weekend of warmth and welcomed relaxation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.