Monday, September 29, 2008

And I did do it my way!

We kicked off a great weekend Friday evening with the crew all heading down to Kings Beach to try out Caliente's Southwest offerings. We snagged a couple tables on the upstairs deck and caught the last few minutes of the sun over Tahoe. We spent nearly 15 minutes pouring over their extensive margarita list before taking another 15 to comment on their food prices. Note: While somethings seemed reasonable, others were not so much. We're not a cheap bunch but $17 tacos and tamales needed to be commented on.

We selected our drinks, selected our entrees and dug into some appetizers. Everyone has varying opinions on the place...the margaritas were a bit sweet but all guests are given a free shot of tequila, my tamales were incredibly dry but we couldn't keep Christine out of Kenon's Crab Chimichanga, the servers were friendly, the atmosphere was perfect for large or small groups and we were right across from the lake. One thing nobody denied was the tastiness of their tortilla chips. They were as delicate as tissue paper with just the right dusting of salt. In the end, I don't think I would head back there for dinner but definitely a spot for drinks and light snacks with my crew.

Saturday was all about getting prettied up by Jessica at The Balcony. My stylist for over a year now, she is a goddess and I really don't know what state my hair would be in if Karen hadn't pushed me into her chair. After snipping and coloring, I met up with C & Danny for a shopping excursion to Reno. Then a viewing of Maverick at my house.

Sunday was the day we'd all been looking forward to the whole weekend. I packed my bags and directed the Saabaru to Christine's. Once there we started in on breakfast...the must-anticipated ricotta pancakes with fresh fruit syrup, savory sausage and of course, bacon.

This is what happens when I leave C to watch the pancakes for 5 minutes. We made her eat those ones. ;)


After digesting, we loaded into Danny's truck and hit our favorite beach. Where I proceeded to dig for more breakfast inspiration...

While Reno swam,

C & Keelan played and Danny paddled...

While we couldn't have asked for better weather, the best part about the whole day was that everyone came out to soak up the rays and relax in the sand. Thanks all for another memorable day (and weekend)...it all was exactly what I needed.

Next weekend: Boat camping at Bullards!

3 comments:

Rob said...

So, are you Laverne or Shirley? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Cute blog! Just curious but what's a "saabaru?!" Thanks, have a great day :)
Julie B

Meesh said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for the comment. A Saabaru is really a Saab 92x which is basically a Subaru Impreza with Saab styling, suspension and interior.

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/06.september.deals.month.cars/06.saab.92x.500.jpg