Monday, July 21, 2008

50 Things...


...About Me

  1. My last name is Czarka. Hated it growing up, embrace it now.
  2. If I could only do one thing for the rest of my life it would be to sing (about all the other things I love i.e. food, friends, travel, events,)
  3. I have 3 brothers (Two halves and a whole)
  4. When I was in elementary school, I stole Charlie & The Chocolate Factory from the library. Not on purpose. I just loved it so much that I couldn’t bring myself to return it. It has a permanent spot on my bedside table.
  5. I’m a leftie though I play sports as if I wasn’t
  6. I only drink water if I work out. I forget otherwise
  7. I grew up on a Freckle Farm…my mom, dad and youngest brother are all redheads.
  8. That being said, I am also the only child with brown hair and brown eyes. My other brothers are blondes w/ blue.
  9. The smell of plain bleach, mold and water sitting in a pan used to make omelets or scrambled eggs all make me gag.
  10. Emma likes to lick my toes but I’d prefer she didn’t
  11. I’m quite picky about doors (cabinets, closet, office, garage) being shut. It’s like leaving your mouth hanging open.
  12. I love folding laundry. I hate putting it away.
  13. #12 could be because I have 30+ pairs of denim
  14. Christine is the funniest person I know (and also the sweetest)
  15. I love Sharpies in all sizes.
  16. I’ll try anything twice.
  17. I dream about soft-boiled eggs with ciabatta & asparagus
  18. Elliot sleeps in my sock basket in my closet
  19. I don’t like bananas warm or hot
  20. My coffee drink of choice is a double Americano with cream & sugar
  21. I will listen to the same CD in the car for months
  22. However, I must change my gym music every day
  23. Without contacts or glasses I can’t see past the tip of my nose
  24. I used to dream that I would marry all the guys in Poison. 15 years later, Rikki Rockett tried to pick me up. Too late, Rikki!
  25. I love to write…letters, articles, reviews, my name plus your name, lists, recipes…
  26. I hate my feet but like my hands
  27. I once ate and then, subsequently, threw up 2 lbs of grapes at Eastern Market in Detroit
  28. I cried the first time I heard Living with Ghosts by Patti Griffin
  29. I love the Auto Show in Detroit and get depressed that I can no longer attend.
  30. Saltwater pools make me so happy
  31. I’ve fallen in love with stand-up paddleboarding
  32. I want to have my own show someday
  33. I haven’t talked to my real father in about 5 yrs.
  34. I haven’t talked to one of my brothers in years exceeding that number.
  35. Small talk isn’t me
  36. I prefer small, intimate gatherings instead of large groups of people.
  37. I have dimples. Sometimes 1, other times 2 and at special times 4
  38. I’m a great listener but not so good on the other end.
  39. I’ve wanted to name my future daughter Emily June for a decade. Emily now tops the list of baby names.
  40. I have a way of loving things just before the rest of the world discovers them. i.e. Emily, the colors red & orange, pomegranate, asst. bands and movies, storing kitchen utensils in containers next to the stove, I could go on an on. ;)
  41. I sucked my fingers and carried around a raggedy puppet named Loretta until I was 11.
  42. Years after I met Lori, I discovered that she had a Loretta too and still owned it. I borrowed her for the night and took her to my parents'.
  43. I had a gap in between my front teeth that I could fit my pinkie in
  44. It was great for shooting water through…or mashed potatoes
  45. Because of my dad I have a special spot in my heart for The 3 Stooges
  46. Because of my grandma I feel the same way about The Andrews Sisters
  47. I’ve dated 2 Nates (back-to-back) & 4 Mikes
  48. My boss has a feather duster named “Shock & Awe” so I got one and named it “Chaka Khan”
  49. I’m a stickler for spelling but am awful at punctuation
  50. I can’t sit without crossing my legs or my feet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have grown so much.
I am so proud of you.

Love you & miss you
so much,

Mom