Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So, I'm a perfectionist...you wanna fight about it!?

As many of my friends know, I tend to be a bit particular when it comes to events and details. The smallest things need to be perfect, all corners need to be crisp and everyone should listen to what I say. ;) With the holiday party just around the corner (Winter starts in October in the Sierra), I am making a list of likes and dislikes. Heed my words and all will be fine.

1. I don't do balloons.
When you say "formal", colored latex filled with air or helium is the last thing that comes to mind. When you say "tacky", I picture balloons crafted into smart little arches and tied to centerpieces with Smarties
hanging off of them. So, unless it's for a kid's party...


2. I will drown floating candles/flowers.
Nothing says "1990" better than some faded red rose candles surrounded by real red roses all suspended in glass fishbowl. To make the scene even more last century, let's add some clear glass pebbles and glitter. Nope.

I do, however, like these floating candles:




3. Two to three colors max!
We are hosting a classy and sophisticated event not a carnival or 60s flashback. Simplicity is key. Don't overwhelm the guests.


4. No fake flowers...EVER!


5. Scents make no sense
Leave the scented candles at home. Nobody wants to smell cinnamon apple while noshing on Filet & Lobster


6. Center, center, center
I'm a Libra so to me it's all about balance. If a centerpiece is a bit askew or the cocktail reception tables are a bit off, I will notice it. Please bring a tape measure.

There are more...many more but I will stop here for now. And please walk away knowing that I am not being rude, pushy or demanding. I am simply identifying my quirks and accepting them in all their greatness. :)

No comments: